This story took place in Suwałki, Poland. Workers were in the process of carrying out their daily tasks when they heard a disconcerting noise. They could hear the distant barking of a dog and the animal sounded like they were in need of help. Luckily for this animal, the workers were willing to intervene. They knew that they would have to help out.
We shudder to think of what might have happened otherwise. There are too many people in the world who are not willing to do the right thing. They make the mistake of assuming that someone else will be able to step up.
This was not a chance that these workers were going to take. They followed the terrified barking until they found the source of the cries.
The dog was trapped inside of a puddle of tar. The more the animal tried to extricate themselves, the worse their predicament became. The workers were not having very much luck, either.
The Niczyje Animal Foundation was contacted. It did not take long for Joanna Godlewska to arrive on the scene. Tears came to her eyes when she saw the trapped dog.
No one knows how the dog ended up in this situation. Some believe that the dog was abandoned and simply laid down in the tar because they were looking for a warm place to sleep.
The animal’s spirit was starting to fade. The rescuers were going to have to work quickly to save the pup. The local fire department was now on the scene as well.
“He understood that we were saving him,” said Joanna. The rescuers cut the tar out of the dog’s fur as best they could. From there, cooking oil was used to remove the pooch from the tar patch.
Once the dog was fully removed, he was taken to the local vet’s office. They would give him the bath that he sorely needed. He was also given treatment for his exhaustion.
Can you believe that the dog was in good health when he was rescued? He had just experienced a horrible ordeal but he was no worse for the wear. Subsequent cleaning sessions have left him feeling better and better, according to Joanna.
He’s since been renamed Frank and Joanna will be providing him with a place to stay while she searches for a forever home. A heartfelt thank you goes out to all those who saved this dog!
Story Source: Online