Family Warns Others After Dog Dies From ‘Water Intoxication’ Playing Game Of Fetch At The Lake

0
1149

[ad_1]

This California family recently endured a horrific tragedy. Instead of shutting down, they are speaking out. They do not want anyone else to go through the sadness that they are experiencing. As it turns out, one of the most popular games that you can play with your dog happens to be rather dangerous. Jen and her family were enjoying a birthday celebration when things took a turn for the worst.

Image Source: Jen Walsh

They were out on the lake with their dog, Hanz. He was just two years old at the time. Since Hanz loved to spend time in the water, the family kept tossing sticks into the lake. He was having an absolute blast. What dog doesn’t love a good game of fetch? Sadly, the dog’s fun was cut short. He let out an ear piercing shriek and got out of the water as quickly as possible.

Image Source: Jen Walsh

The family also noticed that he was not bothering to shake himself dry. Whatever had happened, it had left the dog spooked. Soon after, the dog urinated on someone else’s property. It was at this time that the family knew there was something wrong with him. This was very out of character for him. Inability to control urination is a common sign of water intoxication.

Image Source: Jen Walsh

The dog began to act as if he were drunk. He lost all warmth and could not keep his tongue in his mouth. The family attempted to provide the dog with CPR. It was not working, though. He passed away shortly after the initial symptoms began to show. It only took 45 minutes. The family wishes that they had known more about water intoxication, so that they would have had a fighting chance to save him.

Image Source: Jen Walsh

Now, they are sharing their story with the rest of the world. They hope that others will take the necessary precautions. The family’s little girl is completely distraught. She does not understand what happened to her good friend. Dogs who are smaller and have less body fat to absorb the water that they consume are at higher risk. It can happen to anyone’s dog, though.

Image Source: Jen Walsh

Please share this story as a means of raising the necessary awareness. No family deserves to lay their dog to rest because of something this avoidable. If you would like to learn more about this family’s story and how to steer clear of such tragedies in the future, take a moment to check out the video below.

Image Source: Jen Walsh

“We all know about chocolate, grapes, and raisins, but this is terrible too and I want you to know so it doesn’t happen to you. Look it up. 200,000 dogs die of this every year. Our family is mourning after going to a fun, family event. This will never happen to us again, but I wish we had been warned of the possibility. It would have saved Hanz’ life. He was the best dog EVER.”

Story Source: Online

Read More Stories:
The Story of Augustus – A Walking Skeleton Undergoes An Amazing Dog Transformation

Pack of stray dogs approach teens and beg them to help.

Family discovers the terrible truth about an abandoned Great Pyrenees

Comments

comments