Pet Owner’s Heartbreaking Warning About Rope Toys After Dog Tragically Dies


There’s nothing a dog owner wouldn’t do for the well-being of their pet. They make sure their furry pals are always fed on time and taken great care of. They also tend to provide them with lots of luxuries to enjoy, such as a comfy bed, and piles of dog toys.


However, according to a dog owner and a breeder of golden retrievers, humans should be extremely cautious when picking their dog’s toys because even if they seem harmless, they can cause serious health issues or even death. Sadly, that was the case with one of Indria Tuckler dog’s and she’s now trying to spread the word and warn others. 

She starts he story saying how she bought several ‘sturdy looking’ rope toy balls which are advertised as impossible to be destroyed, and gave them to her dogs to play with. Shortly after, however, she noticed how one of them was torn into pieces.

One of the puppies, the one-year-old Sam, chewed and swallowed some of the pieces before Tuckler spotted them and threw them in the garbage, and was left with severe internal bleeding. Unfortunately, she died two days after. The story was initially posted on Facebook, in the group Viszla Dog Lovers, but spread all over the Internet like a wildfire.

Tuckler wrote:

The ball unraveled and tore several holes in her intestines as she tried to pass it. They removed 3 feet of rope that was entangled in her intestines. They also removed 14 inches of perforated intestines.

The damage from the rope was so extensive that she passed away two days later. We did not even have the option of having another surgery. She quickly became septic and bled from her intestines into her stomach.

Tuckler believes how these toys are very popular among dog owners and could be bought at various famous places such as Petco and Homegoods. She says how she hopes her dog’s death would serve as a warning for other owners to try to avoid such tragedy at any cost.

She adds how the symptoms in case of swallowing rope are identical to those of parasites and include diarrhea, vomiting, lack of appetite, and excessive consumption of water.

Not only Tuckler, but also veterinarians agree how ropes are the most dangerous objects dogs can swallow because linear objects travel along the intestines and cause more damage. Tuckler is very sad because of the loss of her dog and says how Sam’s dead was senseless and avoidable.

We hope you’ll take this warning seriously.

As for Sam, rest in peace poor puppy 🙁


Share this story.